Thursday, January 7, 2010

Update

Graham and I drove to West Des Moines to the ENT today - in a blizzard. But we'd been waiting to get in for 3 weeks and I was not interested in making him suffer anymore. So we drove very slowly, I mean like 10-20 MPH. It took an hour. And cars were slamming into the median on 235 and flying into the ditch. And I prayed. And we made it there and back, safe and sound.

And we saw his ENT - Dr. Young- and he is 100% ready to make this better.

The plan is to remove his adenoids as soon as we can get it scheduled.

ENT thinks one of 3 things. Either 1- his adenoids are so full of infection that they cause recurrent sinus infections. That's best case scenario. 2- He thinks he could have a "super bug" as he called it....basically he's had so many high powered antibiotics, that aren't fighting it, it could be an organism growing that we need to treat "other ways." We didn't get into the other ways. 3- He thinks he could have an immune disorder- similar to what Dr. White was discussing yesterday. SO- when he's asleep for the surgery he's going to do some special blood draw -where they wrap his arm with some chemical and take a lot of blood. Said it's painful, best to do asleep. And he's going to take samples of the fluid in his head and culture it- see what grows. He said he's confident Graham is miserable. And he'll do his best to figure out why.

Waiting for the surgery scheduler to call and schedule the procedure. And I fully feel like we're getting there, one baby step at a time. I can't wait until Graham can be the happy, healthy, laid-back guy he truly is. And neither can he.



Here are a couple Christmas pics- I've been behind with that!



No comments:

Post a Comment