Monday, January 18, 2010

Slow n Steady

Graham is making slow, steady improvements. He was miserable for several days after sugery, all that inflammation and swelling left him with tons of pain- and at first they didn't give us anything for pain. Less than 24 hours into it- I called his ENT and got him a prescription for Tylenol with Codeine. It helped his pain immensely, however then he got constipated. I swear, it's not one thing it's another. Anyway, now he's able to take Motrin - and that has always helped him more. For the last 24 hours or so, he's seemed much happier, and has been sleeping better.

We still don't have all the cultures, etc. back from ENT. I talked to them today and his doctor said getting all it back turned into more of a process than he thought. He's consulting with an immune specialist at Blank and will be in touch with us shortly about the outcomes. He thinks we're going to need to go see that immune specialist and possibly do some more tests, bloodwork, etc. So we're not there yet -- but at least he's digging to the bottom of it. AND doing the initial contact with this immune dr. so that I don't have to go through the WHOLE STORY with YET another doctor. It's geting ridiculous! This week, Graham gets his 15 month shots at his ped. Next week he sees ENT again. The next, he sees his GI specialist and then probably add another Immune Specialist into the mix. Good grief.

Anyway, he's come a long long ways in a week. I'm really hoping that we keep improving. I've been doing Jillian Michaels, The Shred for about a week. I am loving it -- getting back into exercise (though wow is that a shock to the system- she's NUTS!) and finally taking some time for MYSELF. I am not weighing myself for a while -- but I can tell it's slowly paying off. Josh has also started working out and we've been trying to eat well for a month or so as well. Happy BABY sure does help Mommy and Daddy to be happy as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment