Friday, January 7, 2011

OH Getting Close

So I'm 34 weeks Tuesday. And in true form, things aren't going too well. My BP has been steadily creeping up the past couple weeks. Any my blood sugars, which had been 100% PERFECTION, are also eeking up a tad.

But this week- we figured out why. I've had some low back pain off and on for a few months- very severe at times and just a bit of an ache the rest. Well this week it became severe pain in my left abdomen. Like contractions at a 10 pain, that NEVER goes away. I can't sleep- because I'm in too much pain to even lie down. So after MUCH testing, visits to dr., etc. turns out I have kidney stones AND likely a kidney infection based on my elevated white count. SO they put me on antibiotics and gave me a script for Vicodin- though I must say I barely want to take Tylenol when pregnant so I'm not sure I'm going to let myself use that. I am going to try and suffer it out. Dr. said at this stage, it's highly unlikely the stone will pass before delivery. That it will likely pass after baby is out. SO I'm full- term at 37 weeks. That's 3 weeks from Tuesday and that's now the goal. Graham was born at 37 weeks and needed no oxygen, etc. so with all that my body is dealing with, I'm praying for that. Dr. also said the infection and added stress to my body is driving up my blood sugar and possibly my blood pressure. So it's all going to pot together.

Anyway, by the GRACE OF GOD- we are soon going to have two healthy, beautiful children. AND we are officially DONE having children after baby girl arrives. Suffice to say, pregnancy is SO not easy for me. Hard to get pregnant, and a struggle to the end. So worth it, but we're happy with the 2 we will soon have!

No comments:

Post a Comment