Thursday, April 30, 2009

Grateful For Our Miracle

Mother's Day is right around the corner and I intend to post a little something about my mom a little closer to the day! But today I am reminded of just how GRATEFUL I am for my little guy!


Last year at Mother's Day, I was anxiously awaiting becoming a mom to the little peanut growing inside me. But not too long before that, I was longing to be a mom and to have the chance to hold the precious baby we have today. My patience was not holding out so well. I was tired of the wait. We had endured the heartache of loss. I was growing restless. I had faith in God for our family's future, but I desperately wanted to see the outcome -- our miracle!


I wouldn't want to go back to those days right now. But I am grateful for the journey. Grateful that I can look back now, on those days, and know that they were preparing me and God was there the whole way- mapping my course. When I'm rocking Graham (even in the wee sleepy hours) and just looking at him, it's all becomes so clear. God intended him for me and me for him. But of course - that's how God works. No mistakes. Only miracles.





No comments:

Post a Comment