So- I really really wish I had some great news to share- something like "well we're all well and everything is great here!" However, that is clearly not the story. Christmas Eve (of course it would HAVE TO be Christmas Eve!) Graham's fever spiked way up. He began to cough- like I have never heard him cough before. And cry, all day, all night- all day, all night. And by Saturday, we took him to the weekend clinic. That dr. basically said "I looked at your son's medical history and WOW does he have a lot going. I think you should follow up with his dr. Monday- he's pretty miserable."
Wow, thanks DOC! So we made it to Monday- took him into his BLESSED pediatrician. She repeated his bloodwork, which was even further out of whack than a couple weeks before. Repeated his chest x-ray, which showed that the infection had moved further down into his lungs. And his sinus infection, is packed in there even deeper.
More rocepherine shots, one Monday and today and we go back tomorrow for another. I swear, my poor baby has had WAY WAY WAY too many rounds of antibiotic shots- it's ridiculous. And now, the doctors are to the point where they KNOW something deeper is going on.
Our pediatrician believes that his adenoids are packed full of infection, and that possibly his sinus cavity is also. She thinks there's some underlying reason that as soon as he's off antibiotics (now antibiotic shots!) he is sicker than crap and fever through the roof.
So- the plan- we have a CatScan scheduled for Tuesday a.m. next week- with sedation - because obviously a 15 month old isn't going to hold still while he rides into a scary tunnel. The point in this is to look at his sinus cavity, see if something is backed up, etc.
Then Wednesday next week, more bloodwork. Then Thurday, onto his ENT. Our pediatrician believes we'll be looking at surgery no matter how you slice it - but just have to get the ENT's take.
So that's that -- poor Graham is so sick it sucks. I am sick and tired of watching him be miserable. Seriously, I can count on one hand the number of weeks he's been healthy in his LIFE. Enough is enough. But I do believe we're making progress, that we'll find the answer and know once and for all why poor Graham has struggled so much.
Oh, and this year was a good year for the snow to trap us in our house on Christmas! Our boy was far to sick to do anything else -- so we enjoyed the repreive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment