Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day, 8 Months Old and a Fun Weekend

I start my new job Monday and Graham heads back to Stacie's. I'm really going to miss spending all day everyday with this smiling face, but I'm trying not to get depressed about that because I know that he'll be well taken care of with Stacie. He's gotten so big- he's 8 months today. I can hardly even believe that. He's crawling, has his two bottom teeth and says Dadda repeatedly all day long. Since today is Father's Day and all I won't gripe too much about the fact that he's saying dad instead of mom. We spent the day unpacking, doing laundry, getting groceries, napping and we all went to the swimming pool after Graham's nap. He loved it for about 30 minutes, then he hated it and everyone around us knew it. He also ate watermelon for the first time today and loved that as well.


Josh took off early on Friday and we traveled to Honeycreek Resort to meet my family for a night. Daniel, Jentry, Dylan and Drew met us Friday afternoon and we took the kids to the waterpark before Mom and Dane and Ben and Kristen arrived that evening. The boys had a blast playing together. Graham loves to be around Dylan, he kept kissing and hugging him. They're so cute together. Here are all three boys with Kristen and picture of Dylan and Graham in the pool. Daniel rented us a four bedroom cabin to stay in. It was very nice - brand new and a good size to fit all of us. We had a lot of fun just hanging out, all together. We ate way too much, let the kids play together, attempted to play some cards. That was interrupted, however, by a few mice (or few hundred) who have also taken up residence in this place. But a little thing like that isn't a huge problem for country folks like us. At 11:30 p.m., my brothers flipped up a couch or two, cornered a mouse and smashed it dead. It was lots of entertainment -- Dylan was still awake and didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Kristen did cry. I stood on a chair freaking out. Dane, Drew and Graham somehow slept through it all.

Graham did such a good job. We put him to bed like always about 7 p.m. in his pack and play in our room and despite the fact that much of the rest of the house (mice and all) was stirring about for several more hours- he slept until 5:15 the next morning. Sleeping through the night in his bed is more the norm than not right now. So proud of him. He really has come a long ways.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had you killing the mouse on videotape. Would have made great YouTube video material! Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I haven't checked in for a while. These photos are so cute. I hope everything is going well with the new transition. I'm praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete