Quick summary of the last two weeks: Graham's had ear infection, herpengenia (some weird virus that gave him little blisters in his throat) and I lost my job. I was part of a major layoff due to budget shortfalls. SO- for the last week and a half- Graham and I have been home together.
I have been meeting with a recruiter and actually had an interview last week that went very well. During these types of meetings, Graham's been going to Stacie's- and he's been so happy to get to see her and her kids.
While this change was a surprise and lots of things are unsure right now, I find myself feeling very peaceful about it all. If you know me very well, you know that I'm a worrier by nature. I fret and stew and think about stuff way too much. But I am trusting God with this.
I actually had this same sense of peace during Graham's delivery. I was preclamptic and thus induced, but he wasn't tolerating the pitocin very well and his heart rate was constantly decelerating to very low levels. At one point, it was very low- nurses were running around like crazy- putting oxygen on my face, etc. I felt this sense of peace come over me at that moment- much like the one I have right now. I really felt like I heard God say "I have this."
And he did.......just like he does today!
No comments:
Post a Comment