So- that's it. We are thankful that he's remained relatively healthy these last few weeks. No pnemonia-type coughs, etc. Just hand, food and mouth and really nothing notable. We've pretty much remained in our own little world. Gone only to the grocery store (where I make him ride in his stroller because I'm a germaphobe freak now), for walks, to his specialists' offices and that's about it. SO it's all coming to a head. Maybe we'll find something to do to make his little body work better and not have to just suffer through sick!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
More Tests to Come
Graham has continued to have very messed up bloodwork. His neutrophils still chronically low, swing up for a short bit and drop off again. His immune system doctor has been making us get them checked three times weekly for three weeks for 2-3 months at least. Anyway, he finally threw up his hands and sent us onto a specialist who deals with more blood disorders, cancers, etc. So we saw Dr. Woods yesterday. She said she is confident Graham has an auto-immune neutrophil disorder. However, severity and treatment varies. He could just have to outgrow it, and be covered with high-powered antibiotic shots (rocephine- like we usually end up needing) every time he's sick. OR it could be a type where he needs a shot a day to tell his bone marrow to make more neutrophils. So she did some bloodwork (surprise surprise)- which Graham is an old pro at having needles stuck in his hands, arms, etc. Poor kid. AND next Thursday morning, she's going to do a bone marrow biopsy to check out his bone marrow. She will put him to sleep, as she said it's just too painful for little kids to have do awake.
So- that's it. We are thankful that he's remained relatively healthy these last few weeks. No pnemonia-type coughs, etc. Just hand, food and mouth and really nothing notable. We've pretty much remained in our own little world. Gone only to the grocery store (where I make him ride in his stroller because I'm a germaphobe freak now), for walks, to his specialists' offices and that's about it. SO it's all coming to a head. Maybe we'll find something to do to make his little body work better and not have to just suffer through sick!
So- that's it. We are thankful that he's remained relatively healthy these last few weeks. No pnemonia-type coughs, etc. Just hand, food and mouth and really nothing notable. We've pretty much remained in our own little world. Gone only to the grocery store (where I make him ride in his stroller because I'm a germaphobe freak now), for walks, to his specialists' offices and that's about it. SO it's all coming to a head. Maybe we'll find something to do to make his little body work better and not have to just suffer through sick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for good results. Let us know what you find out. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete