Sunday, November 27, 2011

THANKFUL

Thanksgiving was a beautiful nearly 70 degree day here! We spent it at home with 1 out of 2 kids sick. Both have been sick the last couple weeks, Grace's lingered longer! We have so much to be thankful for! The weekend was a good illustration of all we are thankful for!


-We spent a nice, quiet Thursday at home- just the 4 of us. I'm grateful for our little family.


-Both kids took awesome Thanksgiving naps and Grace is sleeping in her CRIB! I'm thankful to bid the recliner goodbye! I knew the day would come, and I know that we'll have some hard times (reflux gets worse with teething and sickness!) when we fall back- but I'm SO grateful that I am not her primary bed!


-Friday Daddy worked and we went to see Grandma Jerri since we didn't get to see her Thursday. I'm thankful for our jobs, mostly Josh's! And I'm thankful for family. Whether we get to see them or not (more the latter since we seem to be sick about everytime any family gatherings happen)- we know we're loved and supported by many!


-Saturday we drove a few miles to the tree farm with a screaming Grace in the back. NO she still doesn't like the car. Everything can't happen at once, right? We picked our tree and brought it home to decorate. MOST OF ALL- we're thankful for the meaning of Christmas! That we have a chance to celebrate with our kids. Not just Santa (which Graham is especially excited about this year!) but that we celebrate Jesus and his birth ,all those years ago, that changed everything. That's the greatest blessing we can share with our kids, this time of year and always!


Here are a few photos. The first 2 from the tree farm and the last 2 at home. The last one of Grace, she's wearing my purple dress from the 80s. We're both February birthdays so we were 9 months at the same time of the year. The dress is the same size she wears. And you literally can't tell her photo in Nov. of 2011 from mine in the same dress in Nov. of 83.







No comments:

Post a Comment