Things have been a little rough. Both kids are sick- Graham has been sick literally since Grace was born with maybe 24 hours at time off and then back at it. He has croup right now, UGH. Grace continues to have some digestive struggles- she has milk, soy protein intolerance and SEVERE acid reflux. Pretty much exact same set-up as Graham had. Only difference, I switched Graham to this very expensive hypoallergienic formula because I believed it would magically fix him. He was still miserable. This time, with Grace- I've hung in there nursing- she's never had anything but. I've had to alter my diet a lot. Not only does she not tolerate dairy and soy- but a plethora of other foods. So- all I can eat: ground turkey, chicken breasts, carrots, potatoes, apples, pears, bananas, oatmeal, rice and rice milk. Doesn't sound like much HOWEVER it beats the tar out of a baby crying 9+ hours a day! Her reflux is pretty bad, but we are hanging in. She has a great tempermant and is a happy girl, minus the reflux pain that is constantly a problem. Graham continues to be the sweetest big brother. He helps me with her all day. Gives her a paci(like in the picture below), sings to her, says "it's okay Gracie Peanut," which obviously he's heard before! He's a great big brother. NOW, here's hoping that summer means my boy gets healthy and thus we all do!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment